HOW GDPR PROTECTS YOU:
- Your personal data is better protected.
- You have more control and easier access to the personal information we hold about you, if you wish to check, change it or have it removed.
- You can choose how you wish to be contacted, for example by email or phone.
- You can change your mind and you can update your choices at any time.
- The law states that we can use your personal data only if we have one or more of these reasons:
- When you consent to it, or
- To fulfil a contract we have with you, or
- When it is our legal duty, or
- When it is in our legitimate interest (A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. If we rely on our legitimate interest, we will tell you what that is).
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address.
- Cookies and Usage Data.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
We collect information to provide better services to you. This includes information that you give us via our website, through our social media channels, when you contact us via phone or email. When you make a reservation or enquiry via a Third-Party Travel Agent or Online Booking Website through which we sell our products. The different types of information we may collect is as follows:
- Registration details (name, postal address, email address, location, mobile or other telephone number).
- Date of Birth and Gender.
- Business information (your company name, address, VAT number and Reg number.
- Customer service info that may include comments you made either online when booking or speaking to one of our reservations coordinators)
- Any other information you provide when making a reservation.
- Any information you give to third party online booking websites or travel agent.
- Credit Card details.
In addition, the following Data will be collected when you fill in our spa treatment applications, membership applications or guest forms:
- Your full name.
- The name of your partner or spouse.
- Your date of birth.
- Your contact information such as email addresses and telephone/mobile numbers.
- Your geographic information such as home address and post code (where applicable).
- Your special dietary requirements.
- Your credit or debit card details where you make a payment.
- Your medical history.
- Your physical health history.
- Your car registration for car parking arrangements.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We may use the information described above for the purposes for which you provided at the time to us as well as the following:
- To provide our products and services to you.
- To create a profile in our hotel system to manage your booking.
- To verify your identity.
- To communicate with you and answer any queries that you may have.
- To deliver or allow you to participate in our services.
- To keep track of your preferences and habits when you visit us.
- To conduct statistical analysis to improve our Website.
- To analysis your interactions with our website
We also use Google AdWords from time to time remarketing our services on third party websites including Google to previous visitors of our website. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who have not completed a task on our site, for example using our contact form and not checking out when they have started shopping with us.
WHAT IS A COOKIE
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again the cookie allows the site to recognize your browser. Cookie may store preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some websites may not function properly without cookies.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Google analytics: Google analytics is a reporting tool for Websites which allows us to review anonymous information about how our website is used and how visitors use our site and get to it. Google analytics do not collect personal data about our visitors.
ACCESSING AND AMENDING YOUR DATA
You have a right to access a copy of the Data which we hold about you. If you would like to do this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject matter in the email, as per the terms of GDPR, we will provide the Data within thirty (30) days of receipt of your written request. This is a free of charge service.
You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
You can make amendments, or withdraw your consent for use, by telling our reception staff when you check in or by contacting us via email at email@example.com. If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your personal Data, depending upon the nature of your request, we may not be able to provide or continue providing our products and services to you, or administer any contractual relationship already in place. You understand and agree that in such instances where we require your personal Data to fulfil a contractual obligation to you and you withdraw your consent to collect, use or disclose the relevant personal Data for those purposes, we cannot be held liable for breach of that agreement.
Our legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Your personal Data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it is collected, for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES