Our talented head chef Richard Massey has shared a delicious recipe with us, for roast pumpkin velouté with poached duck egg.
This meal is perfect for vegetarians who are looking to impress their friends or family with a simple yet tasty dish for a cosy winter evening.
• 1 Large pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm cubes
• 100g of butter
• 300ml of vegetable stock
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 100ml double cream
• 4 large duck eggs
• 20ml white wine vinegar
- Add the butter to a pan and set over a medium heat. Add the diced pumpkin and sweat until it slightly colours.
- Add the vegetable stock to the pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the cream.
- Add the contents of the pan to a food blender, blend until smooth and pass through a fine sieve. Gently reheat the velouté, season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the white wine vinegar, stir the pan with a whisk, crack the duck eggs in to the pan and poach for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Take out the duck egg and finish with grated nutmeg, place in bowls and pour the velouté at the side of the table.