Here’s a delicious dish from head chef Richard Massey that features on our menu at the moment. This serves four people, and is perfect for a special occasion or dinner party…
12 large king scallops
1 cauliflower head
1 pink grapefruit
8 large chicken wings (ask you butcher to trim the wings – you only need the middle part)
100ml double cream
- Pre-heat a fan assisted oven to 120ºC. Place the chicken wings in a small, deep oven-proof tray, and pour the oil over.
- Cover the tray with tinfoil and cook in the oven for two to three hours. When cooked, the bone should pull out easily.
- Using a sharp knife, peel the grapefruit and segment it following the white lines. Cut each segment in half. Set these aside for later.
- Cut the cauliflower in to small florets. Blanch half of the cauliflower in hot boiling water (just enough to cover the cauliflower) until soft and cooked through. Remove from the water and set aside.
- Cook the remainder of the cauliflower in the same water until soft. Take it off the heat and add the cream to the pan. Using a hand-held food processor, blend until smooth and season to taste.
- Pre-heat a frying pan with a splash of oil. Place the scallops flat side down in the oil and cook on each side for two minutes.
- While the scallops are cooking, season the chicken wings and pan fry in a splash of oil until crispy and golden brown.
- Spoon the puree onto a serving plate in any design you fancy, then arrange the scallops, chicken wings, grapefruit and cauliflower on top.